Professionalizing the tourism sector is one of the Department of Tourism’s (SECTUR) main objectives in its State Development Plan. To do so, people working in this sector will be given tools and techniques for continuous improvement that will enable them to offer better quality service.
- In late 2019 and early 2020, a Training Needs Assessment was conducted for the Tourism Sector (hotels, restaurants, chamber leaders, etc.) to identify and manage the training courses required for 2020.
- As a result, the Yearly Training Plan was designed and included several training courses, workshops, and seminars that will be offered to people who work in hotels, restaurants, taxi cabs, spas, travel agencies, airport, and transportation in general. The training will also be given to tourism service providers of state municipalities, including the three Pueblos Mágicos (Magic Towns).
- Courses are free and focus on subjects like tourism, human development and administration.
- This has been an atypical year due to the Covid-19 pandemic, which generated a sanitary emergency. In consequence, a restructuring and adaptation had to be done in order to continue offering the sector the courses in online mode beginning in March.
- Despite being offered online, courses have obtained good results which generated a 77.98 percent increment in the month of June as compared to 2019 end-of-year.
Below, the number of courses and tourism service providers participating:
|NUMBER OF COURSES||48|
|NUMBER OF TOURISM SERVICE PROVIDERS TRAINED||2,862|
Some of the programs offered were:
· Quality Service
· Tourism culture
· Seminary on Wine Tourism Management.
· Quality Certifications promotion.
· The magic of customer service through laugh therapy.
· Seminar on Destinations Innovation and Product Development.
· Facebook for the promotion of Tourism Services during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
· Hygiene and sanitary practices in hospitality establishments
· Hygiene and sanitary practices in food and beverages establishments.
· Plan for your business idea.
· How to efficiently promote your product or service.
· 20 steps to start or improve your restaurant.
· Team development for workgroups.
· Platforms for the transformation of ideas into digital businesses
· Tricks and tools for selling on social media.
Courses with the most impact:
- Seminar on Innovation of tourist destinations and products
- NAFIN online courses for the tourism sector
- Courses for certified tourism guides