Thanks to applied research and science, innovation projects have spread beyond our borders and put the name of Aguascalientes on the international map. There are six public research projects and three regional of ces of the National Council of Science and Technology (CONACYT), which increase the state’s competitiveness through the search and transfer of knowledge.
CIDE (Center for Research and Teaching in Economics)
- Specializes in: social sciences http://www.cide.edu/
- This center contributes to the country’s development by advancing knowledge in economic, political, and social topics.
CIATEQ (Advanced Technology Center)
- Specializes in: Advanced Manufacturing http:// www.ciateq.mx/
- CIATEQ’s objective is to develop technological solutions that increase organizational competitiveness and value. Its technological offer supports the entire industry, from material analysis, new product development, to high-tech processes, services, and innovation.
CentroGeo (Center for Research in Geospatial Information Science)
- Specializes in: Geospatial Information Science http:// www.centrogeo.org.mx/
- This center is part of the CONACYT system. Its main objective is to carry out research, advance technology, and innovate.
Infotec (Center for Research and Innovation in Information and Communication Technologies)
- Specializes in: Information and Communication Technology https://www.infotec.mx/
- This center focuses on ICT research and innovation in the fields of mobility, internet of things, cybersecurity, freeware, data protection, analytics, big data, and digital appropriation.
CIMAT (Center for Research in Mathematics)
- Specializes in: Mathematics and related fields http://www.cimat.mx/
- The center carries out research, designs and offers training pro- grams for human resources, and applies specialized knowledge to fields such as mathematics, statistics, and computer science.
CIO (Center for Research in Optics)
- Specializes in: Optics and photonics http://www.cio.mx/
- Basic and applied research is carried out in this center to innovate in the fields of optics and photonics, promoting the creation of new businesses based on knowledge.
Intelinova Consortium (CIDE, INFOTEC, CIMAT y CentroGeo)
- Contributes to economy and society through new project development, scientific and technological products and services, teaching, and public outreach. Specialized services of information, intelligence, and innovation for public and private sectors.
COITTEC (CIATEJ, CIBNOR, CIO Y CIQA)
- Thanks to their combined efforts for research, technological development, and innovation, this society develops high value-added products for the agribusiness industry.
CITTAA (CIATEC, CIATEQ, CIDESI, CIDETEQ, CIMAV, CIQA, COMIMSA, INAOE, CIO, CIMAT, INFOTEC e IPICYT)
- This is the association of twelve national research centers that offer their services to strengthen the value chain of the auto- motive, electronic, and information technologies industries.